Steps to add an additional account
Gmail being one of the most popular mailing service many users has ended up having multiple mail IDs which they use for various personal and official purposes. In such scenarios, it becomes hard to switch between different accounts by singing out each time. Gmail has smartly resolved the issue by its account addition feature that can help you a lot if you have more than one account. Follow the steps to try out this amazing feature.
- Log into your primary Gmail account through gmail.com.
- Once you are successfully logged in, check out the small icon of your profile picture located on the top right corner. If you have not added any profile picture you would see a blank profile. Click on that profile image and a small window would pop out.
- In that window you have the option of ‘add account’ on the left side. Select the option to continue.
- A new browser window would open up on which you have a Gmail sign in option that says you would be singing in to add another account.
- Enter your email address and your password for the additional account and log in.
- Now you are logged into your additional account. Whenever you want to go back to your primary account, click on the profile picture icon on the top right corner. And you will be able to see the other account over there. Click on that email Id and your previous mail ID would be loaded.
- Follow the same steps to revisit your secondary account.
- You may repeat the entire steps if you want to add a third account.
Steps to automatically forward your mails to an alternate email ID
If you do not want to switch between multiple mail IDs and if you want all the mails from one or more of your Gmail ID to another mail account then you can get it done in few simple steps.
- Log into your Gmail account and select the Setting symbol on the top right corner.
- From your setting page, select the option on the menu that says “Forwarding and MOP/IMAP”.
- You get a button on the page that says “Add a forwarding address”.
- Click on it and add the email ID on which you want all the mails to be forwarded.
- You will get a verification link on your forwarding mail ID which you have open and complete the verification process.
- Once you are done, you can save the changes.
- If you do not wish to get all your mails forwarded then you can use the option of creating a filter and there by selecting the category of mails that you wish to forward.
- You get the option of creating a filter just below the button of “add a forwarding address”.
Gmail is one of the best free mailing services powered by Google as it provides an easy and user-friendly interface and navigational options. The security and account integration features offered by Gmail has made it one of the most favored mailing services among its millions of users. In the following description we will go through some of the useful features of Gmail and steps to use them.